FIRST Lego League (FLL) every year has a challenge, this years Chanllenge is Senior Solutions.I am assuming the following based on the 2011-2012 season.
The four componants of the event will be judged equally, and they are:
- Robot operated by students only. No coaches or mentors!
- Complete as many missions as possible
- Research project relating to the issue of Senior Solutions
- Presentation can be a skit .. have fun!
- Students only, no coaches or mentors
- How well do the kids interact? Was everyone included?
- May be done "on the fly" or as a seprate session
- Who built and programmed this thing?
- What strategies did they use?
Robot Game Startegy
- Based on what you can achieve, a few high value missions or many low value?
- Don't cluster too many missions in a program
- Leave the most complex for the end
- Changing attachments requires skill and communication; takes time
- learn all about it: how it works, what it is used for, why it is used, what improvements can be made, etc. The judges will want to know why you did what you did!